Wednesday, May 23, 2012

FK IK matching with a node network

Lately I've been exploring some of the applications of metanodes in rigging, and I came up with this setup for fk/ik matching. Using nodes to connect to the components of the arm rig allows me to run a very compact matching script with essentially no redundant code, and I can switch states with any control in the arm selected. The best part is, the node connections are direct, so the script will still work even if parts of the rig are renamed  or the rig is referenced. This sort of setup will work across any limb that is set up similarly, so even if you have a rig with four (or more!) arms, the same script will work for any of them. I'm looking forward to figuring out even more uses for metanode networks.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kyle,
    I just stumbled into this. Im trying myself to learn more about using meta nodes with rigging. It looks very interesting from what I could see in image and our description. Any chance you could send me some information on how you went about doing a network like this.

    I'll be following your blog. There are some really interesting things.

    ReplyDelete